The Liebster Lists
The 11 facts
- When I was a kid, we had this game (called Spiderman) where we’d get on a swing and jump off when it reached it’s highest point and land in a Spiderman type crouch. I recently tried this…I can no longer deny that I’m getting old.
- At least 10% of what I say is a (mostly obscure) movie quote or reference and I get super excited/embarrassed when someone gets it.
- As of about two months ago I know what its like to get in the car, drive off with no destination in a bid not to deal with life. If you’re curious it feels like liberation mixed with a sudden realization of just how expensive fuel is and a dash of “where the hell am i!?”
- When I’m bored I watch Nigerian movies
- I buy a lot of useless things due to momentary excitement.
- I avoid giving out my ipod because there is some seriously embarrassing music in there (Which I will have mislabelled by the time you read this)
- Because of my excess anime addiction I randomly drop a Japanese word, phrase or curse in conversation with people who wouldn’t get it. This is basically everyone, but especially my parents. They think I have mental problems.
- I always press the snooze button at least 3 times before getting out of bed.
- I have a toad phobia. No seriously. I’ve held and been around snakes with no problems, but toads…you can’t trust a creature that can throw up its entire stomach and then wipe it clean with its legs.
- 2012 has been a really crappy year and I’m glad it’s almost over. In fact, its been getting progressively worse so steadily I (the least superstitious person ever) am actually slightly worried that the world will end on 21st. Ok, not really, but I’ve considered it which is unusual.
- I cannot cook to save my life. To put it in perspective, I consider making noodles an accomplishment.
My 11 answers
1) Why do you blog?
Because I daydream a lot. And I’m convinced those strange thoughts are needed out in the world for some reason. Blogging was the best way I could think of…although I am considering taking time as a wandering prophet.
2) If you could have one person in particular, living or dead, real or fictional, read your blog, who would it be?
Douglas Adams. He might not even have liked it but even his disdain would have been amusing enough to be worth it.
3) What childhood game or activity had the biggest impact on you?
Naptime. I blame this for all my laziness later on in life. How are you supposed to even get over that…one day they just act like nap time isn’t even a real thing. They don’t even try take it away slowly, just BAM! Yes, I feel very strongly about this.
4) When something great happens, how do you celebrate?
I have an er….victory dance. It involves a jig and heel clicking. You will never see it so give it up!
5) If the world had to be ruled by either cats or dogs, which would you choose and why?
Dogs obviously. Cats will turn the world into goddamn North Korea. The dictatorial furry little bastards. Dogs on the other hand are loyal, can learn to obey commands and have a strong grasp of economics. What? Your dog doesn’t handle your taxes?
6) If you could play the lead role in any movie you’ve seen what would it be?
What kind of question is that? The only acceptable answer is a movie that, just by being part of it, will give me the right to yell out… “I’M BATMAN.” The Dark Knight.
7) If you had to eliminate one technological achievement, what would it be?
The internet…do you know how much we’d get done without it? I kid, I kid, I cant give up the lovely old net. It would be revolving doors. Don’t ask why…just know theyre evil.
8) Name a pivotal point in your life.
Probably meeting Lloyd Alexander as a kid. It was that meeting that led to my interesting in writing and the other 7 or 8 projects im currently juggling.
9) What is your favourite candy or treat?
M&Ms . Need I say more
10) If you could visit a time in history, when would it be?
This is tricky. Perhaps it doesn’t speak too highly of me that my first choice was sometimes before 480 BC, Sparta. I’d appear to King Leonidas the first for a few seconds and pass on the message “when the Persian messenger comes, kick him down the well and yell ‘THIS IS SPARTA.’ Trust me on this. Also, just let the grotesque dude in your army. Seriously. You rarely even use that ‘spartan formation,’ you spear twirling show offs.”
But if I really think about it, probably the 60s. I’d get to see Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, JFK…unfortunately, all their assassinations. The rise of the Beatles, The moon landing etc. Of course there is the entire problem of being black in the 60s. Time travel holds unique risks for black people.
11) If Ben & Jerry named an ice cream after you, what would it be called?
Gachagua’s Whirled Domination
My 11 Questions
- If you could turn back time, what, if anything would you change?
- What is the first film you remember watching?
- What do you consider the most epic movie quote
- Whats that one stupid thing you’d say in an interview if there were no consequences
- IF (it’s a big if) you were somehow chilling with huge religious figures, say Jesus, Buddha and Krishna, and by some divine law you had to continue with what you were planning to do that night. In this case, going for rave….where would you take them.
- What is your favorite thing about being a blogger?
- Favorite thing about this year (2012)
- What career would you pick if you could somehow magic the knowledge into your head immediately
- Silliest childhood game you played
- If you could be anyone for a day, who and what would you do
- A million dollars…you have 24 hours to spend it. Go!